THE GIFT OF GOD
2 Timothy 1:1-18
Key verse: 1:7
∑ FAN INTO FLAME THE GIFT OF GOD (1-7)
1. How does Paul identify himself in verse 1? What was Paulís situation? (2 Ti 2:9) What was his relationship to Timothy?† How does Paul serve God in prison? (3)What does he remember about Timothy and his family? (4,5)
2. Of what did he remind Timothy? (5,6) What seems to be the gift of God to Timothy? Read verses 6-7. What do these verses tell us about Timothyís strengths and weaknesses and his struggles as a leader?
3. Think about the three gifts which Paul mentions in verse 7. How is each one necessary in the life of a shepherd?
∑ JOIN WITH ME IN SUFFERING FOR THE GOSPEL (8-18)
4. Read verse 8. Why does Paul invite him to join in his suffering? What should be a Christianís attitude toward suffering for the gospel?
5. Read verses 9-10. How has God displayed his one-sided grace to us? What does it mean to be called to live a holy life? How did he destroy death?
6. To what mission did God appoint Paul? (11) Why is he not ashamed of rejection or imprisonment? (12)
7. What had Paul entrusted to Timothy? (13) How could he guard this trust? (14) Why might Paul himself discouraged? (15) What had greatly encouraged him? (16, 17) Why should Christians be faithful to the end? (18)