A LIGHT FOR THE GENTILES
Key Verse: 13:47
ďFor this is what the Lord has commanded us:
ĎI have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the
ends of the earth.íĒ
1. Read verses 1-3. What was special about the Antioch church? (11:19-21) Who were the Bible teachers? Why and
how did they send out Barnabas and Saul as missionaries?
2. Read verses 4-12. Where did they go and to whom
did they first preach? Who was Sergius Paulus? Who was Elymas and what happened
to him? How did God work?
3. Read verses 13-15. Where did the missionary team
go from there? And how did they change? What opportunity did they have to teach
the Bible in Pisidian Antioch?
4. Read verses 16-20. What did Paul emphasize in the
flow of Israelís
first 450 years of history? Read verses 21-25. What was special about King
David? What was Godís promise and how did he keep it?
5. Read verses 26-31. What are the facts of the
message of salvation? Read verses 32-37. What did God promise David? How did
God keep that promise? How did God use David to plant resurrection faith? How
did he serve his generation?
6. Read verses 38-41. What is the good news? What is
Paulís warning? Read verses 42-43. What was the initial response?
7. Read verses 44-52. What happened the next Sabbath?
Why did persecution arise? How did the course of world mission history turn
toward the Gentiles? How did Paul see this in the light of scripture and Godís