Key Verse: 14:15b
“We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made heaven and earth and sea and everything in them.”
1. Read verses 1-7. Why did Paul and Barnabas go to Iconium? (13:49-52)
Where did they begin their ministry and what happened? What did they do? How did God work? Why did they leave?
2. Read verses 8-10. What happened in Lystra? How is this similar to
Peter’s ministry in Jerusalem? Read verses 11-13. What was the result of this healing miracle? How was the Gentile response different from the Jewish response? Why?
3. Read verses 14-18. How did the apostles handle their unexpected popularity? What did they teach? How is this different from the sermon in Antioch? What was the result?
4. Read verses 19-20. Why and how did the situation change? How did Paul show his resurrection faith?
5. Read verses 21-23. Where did they preach the gospel next? How did they strengthen the disciples in Lystra, Iconium and Antioch? What can we learn from this?
6. Read verses 24-28. Trace the trip home. Describe their missionary report in Syrian Antioch. What had they learned and what can we learn from this journey?