Key Verse: 16:9
“During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and
begging him, ‘Come over to Macedonia and help us.’”
1. Read 15:36-41. Why did Paul and Barnabas separate? Where did each go? Who went with Paul? What does this show about each one? (See also Col 4:10; 2Ti 4:11)
2. Read 16:1-5. Who was Timothy? (2Ti 1:2-5; Php 2:19-22) Why did Paul circumcise him? How did Paul’s company encourage the churches? What was the result of their visiting?
3. Read verses 6-10. Trace their journey. Where did they try to go? Why did they not? What happened in Troas? Who joined their journey team? What can we learn here about God’s plans for world mission?
4. Read verses 11-15. Trace their journey to Philippi. What kind of city was Philippi? How did they meet their first convert? Who was she and how did she become a believer? How did she reveal her changed life?
5. Read verses 16-24. Why and how did Paul help a demon-possessed slave girl? What happened as a result? What does this show about the hearts of godless people?
6. Read verses 25-34. How did Paul and Silas turn a potential tragedy into
a great victory? What can we learn from them? Read verses 35-40. How did the
apostles continue to show their courage? How did they encourage the church in