Key Verse: 1:14
“They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.”
1. Read verses 12-14. Where did the disciples go after returning to Jerusalem?
Who was with them? What did they do? What do you think they prayed about?
2. Read verses 15-19. Who was the leader? How did he describe Judas?
What happened to Judas? Why do you think he brought up the matter of Judas the betrayer?
3. Read verses 16,20. What direction did Peter find in Scripture? What does
this show about him?
4. Read verses 21-22. Why do you think it was necessary to add another man
to fill up the number 12? What were the qualifications for an apostle? In what way is the apostolic ministry unique?
5. Read verses 23-26. How was the twelfth apostle chosen? Who was he?
What can we learn about prayer and the word of God from this whole passage? Think about Jesus’ teachings in Luke 11:1-2,13; John 17:20,21.