READY TO BE BOUND; READY TO DIE
Key Verse: 21:13
“Then Paul answered, ‘Why are you weeping and breaking my heart?
I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of
the Lord Jesus.’”
1. Read verses 1-6. Trace Paul’s journey to Syria. Where did they land? How long did they stay there? What urging in the Spirit did the disciples there give Paul? What was Paul’s response? Why? Did he not believe what they told him? Describe their parting.
2. Read verses 7-14. To where did their voyage continue? Where did they meet fellow believers along the way? Where did they stay in Caesarea? What happened there? What was the prophecy of Agabus? (10-11)
3. How did Luke and the others respond to this prophecy? How did Paul respond? (12-13) What can we learn here about Paul? What can we learn bout the work of the Holy Spirit and the will of God?
4. Read verses 15-16. Describe his quiet arrival in Jerusalem? Read verses 17-19. What was his concern? (Ro 15:31) What did Paul report to the elders and brothers? (19)
5. Read verses 20-26. How did the believers in Jerusalem respond to Paul’s world mission report? What concern overshadowed Paul’s report? What does their response reveal about the Jerusalem believers? How did Paul comply? Why?
6. Read verses 27-32. What happened while Paul was in the temple following
the request of the elders? Who caused the riot? How did it escalate? Read verses
33-39. How was Paul saved? What shows his courage? How does he turn this event
into an opportunity to testify to Jesus?