Key Verse: 23:11
"The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, 'Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome.'"
1. Read 22:30. What had happened the day before? Why was Paul being accused
by the Jews? Why did the Roman commander send Paul to the Sanhedrin? Did Paul
and the Sanhedrin members know each other? How?
2. Read 23:1-5. What was Paul's opening statement to the Sanhedrin? What was the response of the high priest Ananias? Why? How did Paul respond? Why? How did Paul make his point and expose their hypocrisy?
3. Read verses 6-8. What did Paul know about the Sanhedrin? What is the difference between Pharisees and Sadducees? How did Paul make use of this and plant a gospel seed?
4. Read verses 9-10. What happened? What can we learn from/about Paul from
5. Read verse 11. Where was Paul? What was Jesus' direction for him? What word of encouragement and promise did Jesus give Paul? Why did he need this?
6. Read verses 12-15. What did the Jews plot? Why do you think they were so desperate to kill Paul? Read verses 16-24. How did the Roman commander become aware of this plot? How did he thwart their plan?
7. Read verses 25-30. What is the problem which the commander had not solved? Why was he sending Paul to Caesarea?
8. Read verses 31-35. How did the Roman Governor respond to the letter? How
was God quietly working in Paul's life?