Key Verse: 2:4
“All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.”
1. Read verses 1-4. What do you know about the day of Pentecost? Where were
the believers and what were they doing? What happened?
2. What does this suggest about the power of the Holy Spirit? What had Jesus told them previously about the coming of the Holy Spirit?
3. Read verses 5-13. Where was the crowd from? Why did they gather? What surprised and utterly amazed them? What had happened to those who were filled with the Holy Spirit? What was the response of the crowd?
4. What is the relationship of this event to the missionary command of Jesus? In what way is it a contrast to Babel in Genesis 11? What can we learn in this?
5. Read verses 14---15. What did Peter and the other apostles do? How had they changed?
6. Read verses 16-21. How did Peter explain why the believers were acting so strangely? What does it mean for sons and daughters to prophesy; for young men to see visions and old men to dream dreams?
7. What did Peter prophesy? What did he promise? What does it mean to “call
on the name of the Lord”?