Key Verse: 2:36
“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
1. Read verse 22. Who were the people whom Peter addressed? Who did he talk
about? Why? Of what did he remind them? How did they know about these things?
What can we learn about Jesus from Peter’s description of his ministry?
2. Read verse 23. How did Jesus die? What was God’s set purpose regarding
Jesus’ death? Who did Peter hold responsible for Jesus’ death?
3. Read verse 24. What did God do to use the evil of men for his own purpose
and glory? Why was it impossible for death to keep its hold on him?
4. Read verses 25-28. Describe King David’s resurrection faith. What was his source of joy and hope?
5. Read verses 29-33. How did Peter interpret this prophetic psalm of David? What is his own testimony? How is the Risen Jesus related to the coming of the Holy Spirit? How does Psalm 110:1 affirm the deity of Christ and warn his enemies? (34,35)
6. Read verses 36-39. What is Peter’s concluding statement about who Jesus is? What did this mean to his listeners? What can sinners who participated in the crucifixion of the Son of God do? What is God’s promise?
7. Read verses 40-47. How did Peter continue to urge repentance? With what
result? How did the new believers live? How did God continue to work among them?
What was their attitude toward material things? What was their attitude towards
each other? Towards God?