Key Verse: 4:12
“Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
1. Read verses 1-4. Why were the Sadducees and the captain of the temple guard so disturbed by the apostles’ preaching? How did they try to stop them? What was the result of the apostles’ preaching?
2. Read verses 5-7. Before whom were Peter and John brought? What do you know about these Jewish leaders? (Jn 18:13,14) About what were Peter and John interrogated?
3. Read verses 8-11. What did Peter say about the man who had been healed? What did he say about Jesus? What did he say about those leaders to whom he was speaking?
4. Read verse 12. What is the climax of his testimony? How can he say that there is no other way of salvation other than Jesus? (11,12; Jn 14:6)
5. Read verses 13-17. What did the rulers realize about Peter and John? What was the source of the apostles’ strength, courage and wisdom? (13) What was the dilemma of the religious leaders? (14-17)
6. Read verses 18-22.What did they do? (18) What was the apostles’ response? (19) Why did the religious leaders let them go? (21-22)
7. Read verses 23-31. From what perspective did the believers see these events? (24) How was Scripture fulfilled? (25-26) What was their prayer topic? (29-30) God’s response? (31) What can we learn from them?