Key Verse: 4:33
“With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all.”
1. Read 4:32-35. What was the common purpose and goal of the believers? What was their attitude toward each other? Toward material things? Why?
2. Read 4:36-37. Who was Joseph Barnabas? (9:26-27; 11:22-26; 13:2,13;15:39) In what way was he exemplary? In what way was he an encourager?
3. Read 5:1-4. What did Ananias and Sapphira do? Why? For what did Peter rebuke Ananias? What does this tell about the nature of the church (1 Ti 3:15)
4. Read 5:5-6. What happened to Ananias? Read 5:7-11. What happened to Sapphira? How did this affect the church? Explain the meaning of “fear” in these verses (See Ex 20:20; Pr 1:7; Ac 9:31).
5. Read 5:12-16. Were the disciples discouraged by the event of Ananias and
Sapphira? How did the apostles’ ministry continue to reveal Jesus’
love? Why were people afraid to join them? How could their numbers grow anyway?