Key Verses: 9:15,16
ďBut the Lord said to Ananias, ĎGo! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.íĒ
1. Read 7:58-8:3; 9:1-2. What effect did the death of Stephen have on Saul? How might Stephenís prayer have contributed to his conversion? What was Saulís purpose in going to Damascus?
2. Read verses 3-9. What happened to him as he neared Damascus? Describe his encounter with the Risen Jesus. How does Jesusí visit show Godís one-sided grace? (1Ti 1:15b; 1Co 15:10)
3. Read verses 10-19a. Who was Ananias and what did the Lord tell him to do? Why did he hesitate? What did the Lord tell him about Saul? How did Ananias help Saul? What does this show about his faith?
4. Read verses 15-16 again. How did the Risen Christ see Saul? What mission did the Risen Christ give Saul? What does this teach about his purpose in saving Saul? About Godís sovereignty in world mission work?
5. Read verses 19b-25. What did Paul do after his conversion? What was the content of his message? (20,22) How did his listeners respond? What happened to Saul? What kind of opposition arose?† How did Saul escape?
6.†† Read verses 26-30. Why was it hard for Christians in Jerusalem to accept him? Who helped him? Why? What are some ways in which his encounter with the Risen Jesus changed him? Read verse 31.† What happened to the church?