GOD'S COVENANT WITH ABRAM
Key verse: 15:6
1. Read verses 1-3. What was God's word to Abram in a vision? Why did God mention fear and reward? How did Abram respond? What was the real problem in Abram's heart?
2. Read 15:4-6. What was God promise? Why did he show Abram the stars? How did Abram respond? What do the words, "(God) credited it to him as righteousness" mean? What change occurred in Abram's life as a result of his faith?
3. Read 15:7-8. What did God again promise concerning the land? What question did Abram ask? Why was Abram's attitude toward the land changed?
4. Read 15:9-15. What did God tell Abram to do? What did he do? What happened as the sun was setting? What did God tell him? How would Abram's descendants grow into a great nation? Why was this a necessary first step to possess the land?
5. Read 15:16-21. After sunset, when darkness had fallen, how did God seal the covenant? What further promise did God give Abram concerning the land? What might this mean to him? (How would Abram's descendants be God's instrument of judgment? (16)