Key Verse: 1:31a
1. Read verses 26-27. What did the Triune God decide to do? What mission did God have in mind for mankind? Can you agree with the statement, "Man was made for mission?" Why or why not?
2. What does mankind have in common with the rest of the created world, especially the land animals? What does it mean that God created mankind in his own image? How is this related to man's mission?
3. Read verse 28. How did God bless mankind? Why is mission a blessing? How does God establish creation order with this blessing? Why is creation order, i.e., God--Man--Materials, so important?
4. Read verses 29-30. How did God supply the needs of mankind whom he had commissioned to be stewards and shepherds of the world? (Compare Mt 6:33) How did his provision for the animals make a peaceful world?
5. Read verse 31. Why was God very pleased? What does this reveal about God and about his creation? What does it mean to you that God created you and said, "It is very good"?
6. Read 2:1-3. Why did God bless the seventh day? Why did he rest? (Ex 20:8-11)
Why do we need to rest? What does it mean to keep the Sabbath day holy?