“Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him. He appointed twelve—designating them apostles....”
· CROWDS FOLLOW JESUS (7-12)
1. Where did Jesus and his disciples go? Why did crowds follow Jesus? How did Jesus’ ministry grow?
2. Why did Jesus need a small boat? What happened to the evil spirits?(11)
· THE APPOINTING OF THE TWELVE APOSTLES (13-19)
3. Where did Jesus go? What did he do? What kind of people did Jesus call to be his disciples? (Name them and describe each one.)
4. What does “disciples” mean? What does “that they might be with him” mean? Think about the purpose of “Jesus’ discipline (Matt. 11:28-30). What does it mean that he designated them “apostles”? What was their mission? What do the two previous paragraphs show about the need for shepherds?
· JESUS AND BEELZEBUB (20-30)
5. When his ministry grew, who opposed him? (20-21) Why? How did Jesus deal with his family? (31-35)
6. Of what did the teachers of the law accuse him? (22) How did he answer(23-29)?