FOR EVEN THE SON OF MAN
Key Verse: 10:45
* JESUS AGAIN PREDICTS HIS DEATH (32-34)
1. Where were Jesus and his disciples going, and what awaited him there? (32-34; Isa.53:7) Why were those with him astonished and afraid?
2. When had Jesus predicted his death and resurrection before? (8:29-32; 9:31,32) Why did Jesus talk about his death and resurrection?
3. What is the importance of his death and resurrection? (Jn.3:16; Ro.8:32; Ro.4:25) What can disciples learn about Jesus' example? (Phi1.2:8; Heb.5:8)
* EVEN THE SON OF MAN (35-45)
4. How did the disciples respond to Jesus' prediction of his death and resurrection? (35-37) What does this reveal about them?
5. What did Jesus ask them? (38) What does this mean? (Mt.26:39; Ro.6:4) What does their "We can" show about them? What did he promise them? What does this mean? (39,40)
6. How did the other disciples react? What does this show about them?
7. What did Jesus say to them? (42-45) What did Jesus know about worldly rulers and about his disciples' desires? What did Jesus teach his disciples about spiritual leadership?
8. What did Jesus teach them about his own way of life? (Mt.8:20; Lk.2:7) About the meaning of his death? How did Jesus serve sinners to the end? (Lk.23:34,35,40-43; Mk.10:45b)