"WHAT DO YOU WANT?"
Key Verse 10:51
* "JESUS, SON OF DAVID, HAVE MERCY ON ME!" (46-48 )
1. Describe Jesus' entourage as they traveled through Jericho. Where was he going? What must have been on his mind? (32)
2. Who was Bartimaeus? What does his name mean? What does this tell us about him? Put yourself in his place and think about his human situation.
3. When he heard that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by, what did he do? What did he mean by calling Jesus, "Son of David?" What did he believe about Jesus?
4. What did the people in the crowd do? Why? How did he overcome his fatalism and the pressure of the crowd? What can we learn from him?
* "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO FOR YOU?" (49-52)
5. What did Jesus do? Why? What can we learn here about Jesus?
6. When the man heard that Jesus was calling him, what did he do? What can you say about his attitude?
7. What did Jesus ask the man? What does this mean? What request did the man make of Jesus? Why was this the right request for him to make? (cf. 36,37; Isa.35:5)
8. How did Jesus reply? What was the result? What was the reason Jesus gave for this man's being healed? What can we learn from the blind man and from Jesus? How would you answer Jesus' question, "What do you want me to do for you?"