HAVE FAITH IN GOD
Mark 1 1:20-25
Key Verse I 1:22
* FAITH THAT MOVES MOUNTAINS (20-23a)
1. What were all the events that had happened the day before? What was the time now? Where were Jesus and his disciples going? Why might Peter and the others have been worried by Jesus' clearing the temple?
2. What did they see? Why was this significant? (12-14) How did Peter react when he saw the tree? What does this reveal about him?
3. What did Jesus tell the amazed Peter in verse 22? What do Jesus' words tell us about the disciples' faith?
4. What does it mean to have faith in God? What kind of faith does Jesus want his disciples to have? (23)
5. What does this teach us about the power of faith? Find examples of people who demonstrated the power of faith. (Heb.11:29, 33-37; PhpA:13; Mk.9:22,23; etc.)
* FAITH THAT OVERCOMES DOUBT (23b, 24)
6. Read verse 23 again. Think about the phrase, "does not doubt in his heart." Why does Jesus emphasize the importance of casting doubt out of one's heart? What are some of the promises we can claim to help us overcome doubt? (Mt.6:33; Ge 12:2)
* FAITH THAT PRAYS (24)
7. How is prayer related to faith? What promise does Jesus give us about prayer? What does it mean to ask in prayer, believing? (1 Jn.5:14,15)
* FAITH THAT FORGIVES. (25)
8. Read verse 25. What hinders prayer? (Mt.6:12-15; 18: 21,22) How might forgiving others be like moving a mountain? How can we forgive others? (Lk.23:34a)