HE HAS RISEN
Key Verse 16:6
*HE HAS RISEN (1-7)
1. Look at verse 1. Who are the women mentioned here? (See Lk.8:2,3) Where were they going and why? What does this suggest about their love for Jesus? What was the terrible wound in their hearts?
2. What was on their minds as they walked along? What amazed them when they arrived and looked at the tomb? What alarmed them when they entered? What had happened?
3. What did the angel say to them about what had happened? What was special about Jesus' death? (10:45) What did it mean that he had risen? (Ac.2:23,24) What does his resurrection mean to us?(1 Pe.1:3,4)
4. What was the message they were told to deliver to his disciples? What did Jesus want them to do? Why? What did they do?
*PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE WHOLE WORLD (8-18)
5. Who was the first person to whom the risen Jesus appeared? What grace had she received before? To whom did she go and tell the good news? How did they respond? Why?
6. Who else told the Eleven the good news of Jesus' resurrection? (Lk.24:13,33) How did they respond? Why could they not believe?
7. What were the Eleven doing when the Risen Jesus came to visit them? What did he say to them? What can we learn from his rebuke?
8. After rebuking them, what did he tell them to do? What does this teach us about Jesus' faith in his disciples? His faith in God?
9. What can we learn here about Jesus' world mission vision? What does he teach us about the absoluteness of the gospel? What should this mean-to us?
*JESUS SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD (19,20)
10. After Jesus finished speaking to them, what did he do? What
happened to them after he left? How could they be so changed?
How did Jesus continue to work among and through them? What canwe learn here? `