JESUSí POWER IN HIS WORD
Key Verse: 1:41
* JESUS' PREACHING (21-28)
1. How did Jesus begin his messianic work? When and where? Review the main content of his preaching.(1:15)
2. What was the response of the people? Why did Jesus' word have power and authority? (cf. Mt.4:4; Heb.4:12; 2 Ti.3:15-17)
3. What happened as he was preaching? How did Jesus help the man possessed by an evil spirit? What does this event show about demon possession? About the authority of Jesus' word?
* JESUS' PURPOSE IN COMING (29-39)
4. After leaving the synagogue, where did Jesus and his disciples go? What problem did they find there, and what did he do about it? With what result? What can we learn about Jesus' way of working? (29-31)
5. When, where and how did he continue his work of healing? (32-34) What does this show about Jesus? About the people of Capernaum?
7. Why did Simon come looking for Jesus? What did Jesus tell him? How was this related to Jesus' time of prayer? What does this event tell about Simon? About Jesus' life and ministry and his purpose in coming?
* JESUS' WORD HAS POWER TO HEAL LEPROSY (40-45)
8. Put yourself in the situation of the man with leprosy. How had he probably been treated by most people? What did he believe about Jesus? What does his coming to Jesus show about his faith?
9. What was Jesus' response to this man? What does it mean to him that Jesus touched him? To Jesus? What did Jesus say to him? What happened? What does this teach us about the power of Jesus' word?
l0. What instructions did Jesus give this man, and why? What did the man do? How was Jesus' ministry affected? What can we learn from this about Jesus? `