JESUS HEALS A DEMON-POSSESSED MAN
Key Verse 5:19
* A MAN WITH AN EVIL SPIRIT (1-8)
1. What had happened to Jesus and his disciples as they crossed the lake? (4:35-41) Where did they land?(1,2) Who met them?
2. Describe the man who met them. Where did he live? Why? How had his family and neighbors tried to restrain him? Why might they have done this? Why had they failed? What does this suggest about the man?
3. What do these things show about his relations with people? About his desire for freedom? What else in this event suggests this? (15b)
4. How did he treat himself?(5) Why would he do things like this? According to Mark, what was his real problem? What does this mean?
5. What was his reaction when he saw Jesus?(6,7) Why was he so mixed up? What did he know about Jesus? How had Jesus challenged him?
* JESUS HEALED THE MAN POSSESSED BY DEMONS (9-17)
6. What did Jesus ask this man? What is the significance of Jesus' question? What was the man's answer? What does this name and his response tell us about him?
7. How did Jesus free the man from Satan's power? What was the cost? What happened to the man?
8. What did the herdsmen do? What was the reaction of the townspeople to this event? What does this show about them?
* JESUS APPOINTED HIM AS A GOSPEL WORKER (18-20)
9. What did Jesus do? What request did the man who had been demon-possessed make of him? Why? What change can we see in this man?
l0. What mission did Jesus-give this man? What can we learn here?