YOU GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO EAT
Key Verse: 6:37a
* HE HAD COMPASSION ON THEM (30-34)
1. Where had the disciples been, and what had they been doing? (712) Why were they called apostles? What did they report to Jesus? (30)
2. What small problem arose, and what did Jesus invite them to do? Why?
3. When they reached the "solitary" place, who did they find waiting for them? Why had they come, and how had they gotten there so fast?
4. How did Jesus feel about the crowd who had rudely interrupted his vacation and his quiet time with his disciples? What does it mean to see people with compassion?
5. What does it mean to be like sheep without a shepherd? How did Jesus minister to this crowd? What can we learn from him?
* YOU GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO EAT (35-44)
6. After waiting a long time, what problem did the disciples bring to Jesus? How did they understand the crowd? What did they suggest as a solution? Why was this reasonable?
8. How did the disciples respond? What did their response mean? What did they need to learn?
9. What did Jesus ask them? What was he teaching them about how to live by faith? What can we learn from his command, "Go and see"? How did Jesus help the crowd?
10. How did Jesus' disciples participate in this event? What did he want them to learn about himself? About being a disciple? About faith?