TO WHOM DOES THE KINGDOM OF GOD BELONG?
Key Verse: 10:14b
1. Read verse 1. Where was Jesus going? How did he respond to the crowds who came? Why did he teach them the word of God? (2 Ti 3:16; Heb 4:12; Jn 1:1-2)
2. Read verse 2. What did the Pharisees ask Jesus? What does it mean that they tested Jesus?
3. Read verses 3-5. What did Moses teach about divorce and why did he make such a rule?
4. Read verses 6-9.What did Jesus teach about marriage and divorce? On what did he base his teaching?
5. Read verses 10-12. When they were alone, what did the disciples ask Jesus? What does this show about them? What does Jesus’ teaching imply about people’s deep motive for divorce? What must we learn about the sanctity and permanence of marriage? (Mal 2:14-16)
6. Read verse 13. Why did people want Jesus to touch and bless their children? Why did the disciples rebuke the people?
7. Read verses 14-16. What made Jesus indignant? What did he teach his disciples? What does it mean that Jesus blessed the children? In what sense must one be like children in order to enter the kingdom of God?