JESUS CLEANSES A MAN WITH LEPROSY
Key Verse: 1:41-42
· JESUS PRAYS IN A SOLITARY PLACE (35-39)
1. Read verses 35-39. How did Jesus find time to pray? What do you think he prayed about? What can we do when we are burdened with many problems and with a very busy schedule? Why is prayer so important? (Mk. 9:29)
2. What did Simon want? What does this event tell about Simon? What did Jesus do after prayer? (38) What does this show about his priorities and purpose in coming?
· “I AM WILLING AND BE CLEAN” (40-45)
3. Read verses 40-42. Put yourself in the situation of the man with leprosy. What was the situation of the man who came to Jesus? What did he believe about Jesus? (40) What does his coming to Jesus show about his faith?
4. How did Jesus receive him? (41) What did Jesus do for him? What happened as a result of this act of compassion? (42) What does this teach us about the power of Jesus’ word?
5. Read verses 43-45. What instructions did Jesus give this man? Why? What did the man do? (45) How was Jesus’ ministry affected? What can we learn from this about Jesus?