Key Verse 3:10
“I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death.”
1. Read verse 1. What does Paul keep repeating? Why? Why is it so important for us to rejoice?
2. Read verses 2 and 3. Who are the dogs about whom Paul warns? Why does he use such strong language? Who are the true circumcision? Why?
3. Read verses 4-6. What are Paul's reasons for having confidence in the flesh? Why did he not put confidence in these things? Read verses 7-9. What did Paul lose in order to gain Christ? Why did Paul have no regrets about the things he had lost for Jesus' sake?
4. Read verses 10-11. What is Paul's heart's desire? What does it mean to know the power of Jesus' resurrection? The fellowship of his sufferings? Why does he want to become like Jesus in his death?
5. Read verses 12-16. How does Paul describe his own spiritual struggle? What is the direction of his life? Why is it necessary for everyone to keep on growing?
6. Read verses 17-21. Who are the enemies of the cross? In what respect are
our most dangerous enemies those within? What is the great conclusion of our
spiritual race? What is our great goal and hope? (20,21)