Key Verse 4:4
“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!”
1. Read verse 1. How did Paul regard the Philippian Christians? How should they stand firm in the Lord? (3:3, 17-21) Read verses 2-3. What does Paul's admonition to Euodia and Syntyche show about Paul? About co-working?
2. Read verses 4-7. Why is it imperative that a Christian rejoice? How can one always rejoice? What is true gentleness? (Mt 11:29) How can we overcome anxiety and have God's peace in our hearts?
3. Read verses 8-9. Why is one's inner thought life so important? What does it mean to think about what is true? Noble? Right? Pure? Lovely? Admirable? How can we discipline our thought world to think about excellent and praiseworthy things?
4. Read verses 10, 14-23. Why was Paul glad that the Philippians had renewed their concern for him? Why was this church special to Paul?
5. Read verses 11-13. Why is it so hard for human beings to be content in good
circumstances or bad? What was the secret that Paul learned? What is the real
reason for our discontent? How can we learn Paul's secret of contentment?