BORN OF THE SPIRIT
Key Verse: 3:3
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
1. Who was Nicodemus? Why did he come at night? What did he know about Jesus? Why do you think he wanted to meet Jesus?
2. What did Jesus say to Nicodemus? What can we know about Nicodemus’ spiritual condition from verse 3? What kind of change did he need according to Jesus? How did he understand what Jesus said?
3. What is the precondition to entering the kingdom of God? What are the changes a (spiritual) rebirth will bring to one’s life? How can one be born again? Who is the main actor/determiner for one’s rebirth to happen? How does He work?
4. How did Jesus rebuke Nicodemus for his spiritual ignorance? (9-13) What can we learn about heavenly things from Jesus’ testimony? (11-13) Why should the Son of Man be lifted up? Why is it good news for Nicodemus (Jn 19:38-39)?
5. Think about the heart of God who sent His One and only Son to the world. (16-17) How can one have eternal life? What is the verdict to those who do not come to the light (19-20)? Why?