GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD
Key Verse: 118:1
1. Read verses 1-4. Who makes what proclamation? What continuity is found in these verses? What does it mean that his love endures forever?
2. Read verses 5-9. What did the Psalmist learn when he cried to the Lord? How did the Lord show his love which endures forever?
3. Read verses 10-14. How desperate was his situation? What phrase is repeated? What did the Psalmist learn?
4. Read verses 15-18. What has the Lord’s right hand done? What does this mean? For what is the Psalmist thankful?
5. Read verses 19-24. What is the gate which the Lord has opened? (19-21)Why do we who enter the gate give thanks? How might verses 22-24 apply to King David? How did Jesus fulfill this prophesy?
6. Read verses 25-29. How the Psalmist welcome the Lord? How did Jesus fulfill this? (Mk 11:9) When many bad things happen, how can we say that the Lord is good? (1,29; 1 Thess. 5:18)