HE HAS RISEN!
Key Verse: 24:6
“He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee….”
1. Read verses 1-8. Who were the women? (10; 8:2-3) Why had they come to the tomb? What did they find? What glorious sight did they see? How did they react?
2. What was the message of the angels to them? What had Jesus prophesied when he was still in Galilee? How did this confirm his resurrection? What difference did it make to remember Jesus’ words? (8; 9:22,44)
3. Read verses 9-12. What did the women do when they remembered Jesus’ words? How did the apostles respond? What did Peter do?
4. Read verses 13-24. Where were two disciples going? What were they talking about? Why didn’t they recognize Jesus? What facts did they know about him? What was their broken hope? Why did they need Bible study?
5. Read verses 25-32. How did the Risen Jesus rebuke them? What did he teach them from the Bible? What Scriptures might he have taught them? When did they recognize him?