JESUS CAME TO SEEK AND TO SAVE THE LOST
Key Verse: 19:10
“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
- Where was Jesus going (1)? Who was Zacchaeus (2)? Why did he want to see Jesus (3)? What did he do in order to see Jesus (4)? What does this tell us about him (Dt 4:29)?
- When he reached the spot, what did Jesus do (5)? What is significant about calling Zacchaeus by name? What do the words “must stay at your house” indicate? How did this encounter come about?
- How did Zacchaeus respond to Jesus’ call and what does this show about him (6)? How did the townspeople respond and why (7)? What does this tell us about Jesus?
- When Jesus came to his house, what new decision did Zacchaeus make (8)? What does this show about him? How did Jesus respond to his repentance (9)? What did “Today,” “salvation” and “son of Abraham” mean to Zacchaeus?
- Read verse 10. What does Jesus teach about his purpose in coming? How is this a precise expression of God’s own heart (Lk 5:31-32; 15:20)? What does this mean to us?