JESUS SAID, “I MUST PROCLAIM THE KINGDOM OF GOD”
Luke 4:31-44 (key verse: 4:43)
“But he said, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.””
1. Where did Jesus go and what did he do? (16, 31) What do you think he taught them? How did the people respond to his teaching and why? (32)
2. When Jesus taught the word of God with authority, how did one man react and why? (33-34) What can we learn here about demons? How did Jesus demonstrate his authority? (35-37) What do we learn about who Jesus is?
3. Read verses 38-39. Where did Jesus go after he left the synagogue? How did Jesus show his compassion to Simon’s mother-in-law? What did she do after being healed?
4. At sunset, what did people do? (40a) How did Jesus care for each one who was brought to him? (40b-41) Why did Luke emphasize “each one”? Why did he silence the demons who knew who he was? (34,35,41)
5. Where did Jesus go and when? (42a) Why was prayer so important to Jesus? (Mk 1:35) What did Jesus reveal about his purpose in coming? (43-44) Why is Jesus’ coming good news? In this passage, how did Jesus reveal his authority and compassion as the Messiah?