MARK 6A – JESUS SENDS OUT HIS
DISCIPLES TWO BY TWO
Key Verse 6:7 “Calling the Twelve to him, he began to send them out two by two and
gave them authority over impure spirits.”
- Read verses 1-3. What made Jesus’ hometown people amazed in the synagogue? What
were the six questions the people had about Jesus? Why do you think they asked who
Jesus was in such a way? What does it mean that they took offense at him?
- Read verses 4-6a. Why was Jesus amazed and sorry? What was his comment? What
did his hometown’s people lose by rejecting Jesus? What can you learn from this?
- Read verses 6b-7. When Jesus sent his disciples out for fieldwork training? Why did he
send them out two by two? What did he equip them with? Why?
- Read verses 8-11. What were the strict limitations he gave them? What are the basic
principles that he wanted to teach them and disciples of all times? How should we
gospel-workers think when people reject our invitations and teachings?
- Read verses 12-13. What was the disciples’ message? What did they also do when they
were sent out? How would this field work training help the disciples? What did Jesus
want them to learn from this fieldwork? What can you learn from this?