JESUS TEACHES US HOW TO PRAY
Luke 11:1-13 (key verse: 11:2)
“He said to them, ‘When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come.’”
- What request did one disciple make of Jesus? (1) Why were they suddenly interested in prayer? What did Jesus teach about the contents of prayer? (2-4)
- Read verse 2. How did Jesus teach them to address God? In what respect was this revolutionary? (Ro 8:15; Jn 20:17) Why did Jesus give “hallowed be your name” as the first prayer topic? How do people dishonor God’s name? (Ro 2:24)
- What prayer topics does Jesus give regarding practical needs? (3-4) Why pray for “daily” bread? (Pr 30:7-9; Ex 16:14-21) What is the significance of being forgiven and forgiving others? Why do we need to pray about temptation? (1Pe 5:8)
- Read verses 5-8. What is the main point of this parable? How did Jesus reinforce this teaching? (9-10) What should we learn from this practically?
- In what respect are all fathers alike? (11-13) How much more is our loving heavenly Father likely to give us the t gifts? What is the