Live in Undivided Devotion to the Lord
1 Corinthians 7:1-40
Key Verses: 7:35
1. Read verses 1-6. What was Paul’s response to the matter they had written him about? (1) What were Paul’s practical instructions on how to flee sexual immorality? (2-5) What was Paul’s view of celibacy? (6-7; Mt 19:11-12)
2. Read verses 8-9. What advice did Paul give to the unmarried? What is God’s command to the married? (10-11; Mt 19:3-9) How does Paul instruct those who have an unbelieving spouse? (12-16) For what purpose did he give these instructions?
3. Read verses 17-24. What is the rule Paul lays down for all believers? What situations did Paul have in mind? (18-21) In light of these verses, why should Christians not try to change their human situation (24)?
4. Read verses 25-35. Why should we not consider marriage or even family to be our ultimate goal in life? (25-31) What is one advantage in being single? (32-35) How can we live in undivided devotion to the Lord?
5. Read verses 36-40. What is Paul’s advice for those who are engaged? (36-38) What about widows? (39-40)