THE BIRTH OF JESUS FORETOLD
Key Verse: 1:32-33
1. Read verses 26-30. Who was Mary? What can you learn about her in these verses? How did the angel greet her, and why was she troubled at his greeting?
2. What does it mean to find favor with God? What was the favor or grace God gave Mary? (31) [How did Paul view God’s grace or favor? See Ro 1:5; Php 1:29; Eph 3:8; Eph 2:10.]
3. Read verses 31-33. What did the angel tell Mary about the son she would bear? List all the things you can learn in these verses about who Jesus is and what he came to do.
4. What is the spiritual meaning of “David’s throne” and “kingdom that will never end”? (2Sa 7:11-13; Da 2:35;44-45) Jesus became our eternal king through his death and resurrection. Explain.
5. What was Mary’s response? How does this reveal her great faith? What was the basis of her decision of faith? What can we learn from her?