THE GLORY OF THE RESURRECTION
(We Shall Be Like Jesus)
1 Corinthians 15:35-58
Key Verse: 15:49
"And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven."
1. How and why do people turn their doubts into theological questions? What is the meaning
behind these questions? What did Jesus say about the resurrection of the dead? (Jn 5:28-29)
2. What is the resurrection principle taught in verse 36? (Compare Jn 12:24) What was Paul's
attitude toward this principle? (15:31a; Ro 8:18)
3. Read verses 37-38. To what does Paul compare a person's body? How is the seed that is planted
different from the body which grows from it? Look at verses 39-41. What does it mean that
each body has its own splendor? What does this suggest about the purpose of God in his works
4. Who are the two Adams? How are they different? What do we receive from each? What is the
promise God gives us in verse 49? What does this mean?
5. Read verses 50-54. What is the mystery? Why is it necessary to be changed? How is the work
of Jesus different the second time he comes? (Jn 5:28-29) What happens to those who are not
Jesus' people? (Rev 21:8) To those who are?
6. Read verses 55-58. What is the great victory? What is its source? In view of this assurance of
victory, how must we live? What is our joy and confidence? (49,57-58)