THE GOSPEL OF THE RESURRECTION
Key verse 15:3,4
1. Read verses 1-2. Of what does Paul remind the Corinthian Christians? Why? What does it
mean to hold firmly to the word?
2. According to verses 3-4, what is the gospel? (Lk 2:10b) What is sin? What does it do to
mankind? (Ro 3:23; Ro 3:12) Why is it such good news that Christ died for our sins?
3. What did God do for perishing people? (Jn 3:16; Jn 1:12) How can we be saved from our sins?
(Jn5:24; Ro 10:9) Why can only Jesus save us? (1Ti 2:5; Acts 4:12)
4. Why is the resurrection of Jesus an essential part of the gospel (1 Co 15:14,17-19)? How does
Jesus’ resurrection guarantee the final victory? (Acts 2:23,24) According to the OT Scriptures
what was David’s fear? His hope? (Acts 2:25-28) What is the living hope which the resurrection
gives us? (1Pe 1:3,4)
5. Read verses 5-11. Who were the witnesses of the resurrection? Why was it so important to
have witnesses to the resurrection? How did Paul witness to Jesus’ resurrection?