THE GOSPEL WILL BE PREACHED TO ALL NATIONS
Key Verses: 24:46-47
“He told them, ‘This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”
1. Read verses 36-37. What were the disciples still talking about? How did Jesus reveal himself to them? How did they react?
2. Read verses 38-43. How did Jesus prove that it was he? When did their doubt turn to joy? Why must they and we believe that Jesus rose from the dead? (1 Cor 15:22; Jn 5:28,29; Ro 8:11)
3. Read verses 44-46. What did he tell them? (44) Why is it necessary to know that the Scriptures testify to Jesus? What did Jesus teach them from the Bible about himself? What can we learn here about Bible study?
4. Read verses 47-49. What was Jesus’ vision and plan for the future? What would be preached to all nations? What was their part in it? How would he equip them for their task? What does this mean to us?
5. Read verses 50-53. Describe his ascension. What hope does this event plant in their hearts? What did the disciples do after this? Why were they so joyful? How had they been changed?