THE POWER OF THE RESURRECTION
1 Corinthians 15:12-34
Key Verse: 15:22
“For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.”
1. Read verses 12-15. What is the good news that Paul proclaimed? If no one can possibly be raised from the dead, what must we conclude about Christ and his resurrection? If there is no resurrection, not even Christ’s, what must we conclude about the power of death in our world? (13)
2. Read verses 16-19. What does Christ’s resurrection have to do with our sin problem? What does it mean, practically, to be “still in our sins”? What is our wonderful hope and inheritance as Christians? If this is a false hope, why are we to be pitied? (30-32)
3. Read verse 20. What does it mean that Christ has indeed been raised from the dead? Read John 20:10-18, Luke 24:21,32,33. What did it mean to these early resurrection witnesses? How were they changed?
4. Read verses 21-23. Why are men under the power of sin and death? (Ro 5:12,17a, 19) How does Christ the firstfruits give men new life? (20,23) What is God’s promise? (22, Ro 5:17b)
5. Read verses 24-28. What will the Risen Christ do before restoring the kingdom to God? Who are his enemies? Who is the last enemy? (26, Heb 2:14b,15) How will creation order be restored?
6. Read verses 29-34. How does resurrection faith enable us to be good soldiers for Jesus? Who is bad company? What did Paul exhort the Corinthians to do (34)?