THE SIGN OF IMMANUEL
Key Verse: 7:14
1. What problem did king Ahaz of Judah face? (1,2a) What was the plan of these enemies? (7:5, 6) What other problems disturbed Ahaz? (2 chron 28:16-21)
2. How did Ahaz respond to the crisis? (2) What effect did this have on the people? What did Ahaz decide to do? (2 Kings 16:7)
3. What did the Lord tell Isaiah and his son to do? What does Shear-Jashub mean? What was God’s message to Ahaz? (3-4)
4. What was God’s promise and warning in 7-9? (See 2 Kings 15:29, 30) Why was it important for Ahaz to stand firm? How could he? (See 2 Kings 13:4)
5. How did God offer to help him out of his unbelief? (10,11) Why did Ahaz refuse? (12, Dt. 6:16) What really lay behind his refusal? What effect did his unbelief have in his people?
6. What sign did God promise? What does Immanuel mean? What should it mean to Ahaz? (to us) How many times is “in that day “repeated in 18-25? What would happen in that day? What does this mean?