“WE ARE UNWORTHY SERVANTS.”
Key Verse: 17:10
“So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’”
- What warning did Jesus give his disciples (1)? How serious is it to cause little ones to sin (2)? Who are the little ones in our community? Why is it important to “watch yourselves” (3a; Ac 20:28)?
- How should we deal with brothers or sisters who sin against us (3b; 2Ti 4:2)? When they repent, how many times must we forgive, and why (4; Mt 18:32-33)? How do Jesus’ teachings establish a healthy Christian community?
- How did the apostles respond to Jesus’ teachings (5)? How was this a proper response? Why do we need faith in order to practice Jesus’ teachings about sin and forgiveness? How did Jesus challenge and encourage his disciples (6)?
- Read verses 7-10. What is the servant’s job? What would he never expect after coming in from a hard day’s work in the field? Rather, what would he expect? What should servants of God learn from this?
- Read verse 10 again. What does it mean to have the mindset of an unworthy servant? What hinders us? How can we do this (1Co 15:10)?