“WOMAN, YOU ARE SET FREE FROM YOUR INFIRMITY.”
Luke 13:10-21 (Key verse: 13:12)
“When Jesus saw her, he called her forward and said to her, ‘Woman, you are set free from your infirmity.’”
- What was the time and place and what was Jesus doing? (10) How does Luke describe a woman in the synagogue? (11) What was the cause of her condition? What do you think her life was like emotionally, physically and socially?
- Read verse 12. When Jesus saw her, what did he do and say? What do Jesus’ words reveal about him (4:18)? What happened when Jesus touched her? (13) How does Jesus set us free (Jn 8:31-32; Heb 2:14-15)?
- How did the synagogue ruler react and why? (14) How did Jesus expose the man’s hypocrisy? (15) Through this question, what did Jesus reveal about the heart of God and the Sabbath? (16) How did the people respond? (17)
- With what did Jesus first compare the kingdom of God? (18-19) In what way is the kingdom of God like a mustard seed? What does the tree and birds perched in its branches suggest?
- In what way is the kingdom of God like yeast? (20-21)What do these two metaphors teach us about the kingdom of God? How does Jesus setting one woman free reveal the kingdom of God?